LotusLive (www.lotuslive.com) is a portfolio of online services, hosted by IBM, that delivers scalable, security-rich email, Web conferencing and collaboration solutions. LotusLive is delivered through the SaaS model. LotusLive services provide users with new ways to work more effectively with people inside and outside their company, including customers, partners and suppliers, at a very predictable monthly rate.
These business-optimised services are free of advertising or customer data mining and are not consumer applications that have been repurposed for business.
The integration of the services gives users the functionality of three or more products in a single offering.
A cost-effective alternative to on-premise deployments, LotusLive provides the right functionality at the right cost to business users; it can save time and money by delivering only what users need to be successful. This delivery model, combined with simplified online collaboration, makes it easier to do business with virtually anyone, anywhere, any time. LotusLive provides these offerings:
- Web conferencing, including IBM LotusLive Events and IBM LotusLive Meetings
- Collaboration, including LotusLive Engage and LotusLive Connections
- Email, including LotusLive Notes and LotusLive iNotes
Figure 1 shows the currently available offerings in the LotusLive portfolio.
IBM LotusLive aims to provide flexible services that suit a wide range of requirements.
- For organizations looking to host virtual online meetings that can accommodate 15, 25, or 1000 guests, LotusLive provides LotusLive Meetings. Accessed through the Web, LotusLive Meetings can take place almost anywhere, anytime, with anyone. LotusLive Meetings can help enhance team productivity, shorten sales cycles, and contain travel costs.
- For organizations holding several Web seminars or training events and that want event management capabilities along with Web conferencing, LotusLive provides LotusLive Events, an online event management service.
- To connect with customers or colleagues in the organization, LotusLive provides an innovative solution with its LotusLive Connections offering. LotusLive Connections delivers integrated online social networking and collaboration tools for networking, business instant messaging, and more.
- For organizations requiring a unified platform to connect to their business partners, share information, organize online meetings, and use instant messaging capabilities, LotusLive provides LotusLive Engage. LotusLive Engage is an integrated suite of tools that combines your network with Web conferencing and collaboration capabilities.
- Every organization requires a full-fledged mail client with rich features, security, and easy setup. LotusLive Notes adheres to these requirements and is an online service accessed using the IBM Lotus Notes client. This service supports all of the features of a locally installed client connected to the IBM Lotus Domino® back-end services that are hosted by IBM.
- For corporate workers who don’t currently have access to corporate email or those who are over-served by feature-rich collaboration capabilities that they don’t use, LotusLive provides a different solution in the form of LotusLive iNotes. LotusLive iNotes is an online Web mail service that features essential email, calendaring, and contact capabilities, multi-level administration, and branded interfaces. LotusLive iNotes can coexist with an already existing on-premise email solution, or it can be operated as a stand-alone solution.
These offerings, when leveraged together, can help you be more productive in business. Organizations can choose to use services or combine them with traditional on-premise servers in a variety of ways to meet their needs.
For example, one hybrid solution is to purchase the LotusLive iNotes offering and integrate it with your company’s on-premise mail. LotusLive iNotes helps to reduce the cost of licensing on-premise mail clients for every user in organization who might not need them.
LotusLive provides the organizations of interest with a variety of hybrid solutions based on their requirements.
Experience all the features of LotusLive collaboration, meetings and email by registering for just one trial using the button below
An integrated desktop client for IBM Lotus® Domino® e-mail, calendar, group scheduling, and applications.
A single point of access to e-mail, calendaring and contacts from the IBM cloud.
A world-class server platform for e-mail, scheduling, and collaboration applications.
Extend Lotus Notes and Domino encryption capabilities to the Internet, making it easy and cost effective for your business to exchange sensitive email with verified third parties.
Protect your Lotus Domino infrastructure from spam, viruses and other threats originating on the Internet, with optimised email throughput and personalised control of email right within the Lotus Notes inbox.
Extensive IBM expertise available 24×7 to midsized to large enterprises for a Lotus Notes messaging environment with predictable costs. Let IBM help manage security, availability, and compliance requirements.
A rich Web client for Lotus Domino e-mail, calendar, and collaboration applications.
Provides team collaboration software with a rich set of content and team services to help you collaborate and work faster online with your teams.
A complete messaging and collaboration solution for companies with 1000 employees or fewer.
A suite of business productivity software creating, editing, and sharing word processing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. Designed to handle the majority of tasks that end users perform, Lotus Symphony software supports the OpenDocument Format (ODF) and a variety of vendor proprietary formats.